Why you should think about insurance

We don't cover your household contents as part of your tenancy agreement. 

So it’s a good idea to think about what a home contents insurance policy would cover for you. Then you can decide if you need one.

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions.  Even if you are careful, there is always a risk your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen.

Contents insurance can help protect your possessions and could give you peace of mind. 

Getting contents insurance

To help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, we have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks, and Allianz Insurance plc who provide the Crystal Insurance Scheme, a specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policy.

The Crystal Insurance Scheme offers insurance for the contents of your home including cover for:

•    furniture
•    carpets
•    curtains
•    clothes
•    bedding
•    electrical appliances
•    jewellery
•    pictures and ornaments

To get more information: 

•    ask your local housing officer for an application pack
•    call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7286
•    request a call back using the Crystal Insurance Scheme website

Thistle Tenant Risks is a trading style of Thistle Insurance Services Limited. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Lloyd’s Broker. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.