What is Transfer Incentive?
Our Transfer Incentive Scheme allows council tenants to move to a smaller property if they:
- have one or more bedrooms that they no longer need
- have a property adapted for accessibility they no longer need
It means larger council properties can be made available for more suitable households like families or people with disabilities.
You can transfer to another council or housing association property or move to a property in the private sector.
By using the scheme to move you will:
- be prioritised for a move through Homemove
- be paid up to £2,500
- pay less rent and running costs at a smaller property
- help someone with a greater need for the housing you're currently living in
- get support during the transfer process from a specialist caseworker
Who can apply
You apply for the Transfer Incentive Scheme if you:
If you're a housing association tenant, you can apply for our Transfer Support Scheme instead.
How to apply
You can apply for a transfer incentive as part of the application to join the housing register.
If you're on the housing register already, you can log in to Homemove and choose the 'submit a change of circumstances' option.
If you need a paper application or you need help with your application, please contact us by:
• email email@example.com
• phone 01273 294 400 and choose option 1
Read our Transfer Incentive Scheme Policy for more information.
Rate your experience
We are committed to providing you services in accordance with our Customer Promise.
Please tell us about your experiences of using the Transfer Incentive Scheme or Transfer Support Scheme. It will take no longer than 5 minutes to complete.