How to get in touch

We are unable to help with Housing Benefit or Council Tax enquiries

If your property is in disrepair and your landlord is not fixing it or if it's caused by a neighbouring property, you can ask for help to get repairs.

For any other questions about health and safety issues in your property or for HMO (houses in multiple occupation) licensing, you can also contact our Private Sector Housing team by:

Housing adaptations

Adaptations are changes to your home that could make life easier for you, if you have a disability or health condition.

If you own your home, rent privately or are a housing association tenant, you could also get help towards the cost of adapting your home.

You can contact us for more information by:

  • email at
  • calling our Access Point on 01273 295 555 between 9am and 3pm
  • calling our Housing Adaptations team on 01273 292 443 between 9am and 4pm

Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs)

You should let us know if you think a property is being rented out as a House in Multiple Occupation but is not licensed on our HMO register.

Contact us by:

  • email at
  • phone on 01273 293 156 between 9am and 3pm
  • post at Private Sector Housing, Brighton & Hove City Council, G14, Hove Town Hall, Norton Road, Hove, BN3 3BQ