COVID-19: Service update

We are reintroducing housing repairs and maintenance services in stages following lockdown. We are making sure we do this in a way that keeps residents and staff as safe as possible.

Our repairs helpdesk is now taking calls from 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday and we are gradually returning to a complete repairs service.

We are facing a significant backlog following the Covid-19 restrictions. Because of this, we are prioritising repairs around safety issues, those that have a significant impact on residents and those likely to cause further damage to properties.

We’re recruiting more staff to help us catch up. It’s likely to be a few months before we’re back on track, so please bear with us. 

We will continue to carry out all work in a safe way and will take additional measures to protect staff and residents.

We will ask you some questions around whether you are unwell, self-isolating or social distancing. If you are unwell or self-isolating and the repair is essential, our staff will talk to you about how they will carry out your repair and will use additional safety equipment.

If your repair is not an emergency, please use our online repairs reporting form.

Request a repair

Before you ask us for a repair, make sure who's responsible as there are some repairs you'll need to carry out yourself.

You can request a repair online or, if your council home needs an emergency repair, call us on 0800 052 6140.

If the repair is for a suspected gas leak, please call the National Grid on 0800 111 999.

Repairs, maintenance and improvement services for council housing are now run directly by the council. Download our quick guide to the new repairs and maintenance service.

How long does a repair take?

When you ask us for a repair, the time it takes for us to start the work depends on the type of repair.

We'll decide if your repair is:

  • emergency, which we'll start within 24 hours
  • routine, which we'll start within 20 workings days
  • complex, which will take longer than 20 days to complete

You can read more about types of repairs in our housing repairs handbook.

Give us feedback

You can use our feedback form to tell us what you thought about our service when repairing your council home.

We'll use this to improve our service in the future.