Get help to pay your housing rent

Check if you can apply for Housing Benefit or discretionary payments if you're struggling to pay your housing rent

Contact us

Get in touch as soon as possible if you're struggling to pay your housing rent.

You can:

You should also check if you can get:

If you're already getting Housing Benefit or a Council Tax Reduction, you can apply for extra help from our discretionary payments.

Set up a plan

If you're already in debt with your rent, we'll help you set up a plan to pay back the amount you owe.

You should download our repayment arrangement form (PDF 67KB) to give us more information about your circumstances.

You can email your form to us at

If you don't pay

If you don't pay your rent or set up a repayment plan, we may have to take legal action to recover your debt.

We'll keep trying to help, but if you continue not to pay you could end up losing your council home.

You can read our recovery policy (PDF 82KB) for full details on what happens if you don't pay your debt.