This website is run by Brighton & Hove City Council. We are in the last stages of moving to a new website that is easier to use and more accessible. A small amount of content is in our old website format.
This accessibility statement tells you how:
- accessible this website is
- to contact us about an accessibility issue
- we're improving accessibility on our website
This statement covers the:
- council website at new.brighton-hove.gov.uk
- most of our online forms
It doesn't cover:
- services using older technical platforms that were procured before September 2018 such as our committees website and the housing customer online system
Importance of accessibility
We want as many people as possible to be able to use our website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
We’re also always working to make the language we use as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.