Find out how to join or start a local resident group.
About resident groups
Residents come together discuss common issues around council housing and their neighbourhood. They help to create a sense of community.
- keeping in touch and sharing information with local residents
- sharing the views of your area, street or block to the council
- bidding for council funding to help make your area a better place to live
- developing or improving communal spaces
- organising social events to help bring residents together
Starting a local group on your street or in your block can help to provide a collective voice for residents to suggest changes or improvements to the council about the area or neighbourhood.
The Community Engagement Team supports resident groups with information and advice, problem solving, training, and signposting to council funding opportunities to help improve communities.
Contact your area based community engagement officer to find out if there is already a residents group in your neighbourhood that you could support, or for help to get one started.