Get help with decorating your council home
Apply for decorating work or materials for your council home if you're over 70 years of age or you have a disability
Who can apply
You can apply for help with decorating your council home if you're over 70 years of age and receive Housing Benefit.
You can also apply if you receive:
- Disability Living Allowance
- Personal Independence Payment
- Attendance Allowance and Housing Benefit
We may ask for proof of any benefits you receive.
Before applying you need to make sure you:
- have no one living in your property who can help with decorating
- have no legal notices against your tenancy
- are up to date with paying your rent
- don't have an allotment
- aren't in the middle of buying your property with Right to Buy
- haven't had the same room decorated within the last 10 years
Apply for decorating work
You can apply for decorating work if you can't carry out the work yourself and don't have anyone to help you.
If we accept your application, Mears decorators will carry out the work to your home.
Apply for decorating materials
You can apply for a decorating pack if you can carry out decorating work yourself, or you have someone who can help you.
If we accept your application we’ll send you a colour chart and a voucher. You can collect the materials from the branch of Brewers which is closest to your home.
For more information, or if you need help with applying, you can:
- phone 01273 293 030
- send an email to Housing.CustomerServices@brighton-hove.gov.uk.