Get help if you're living on the street

Let us know if you're homeless or sleeping rough to find out how we can help.

Tell us about your situation

If you are sleeping rough, please let our outreach team by contacting us through StreetLink. Please give clear information on your sleep site so we can find you and support you safely off the street as soon as possible.

You can contact StreetLink:

Your information will go to our Street Outreach service, which is run by Change Grow Live.

If you need urgent medical care or you're under 18 years of age, you should call 999.

You can find more information and advice on our 'how we help rough sleepers in the city' page and on Street Support Brighton & Hove's website.

Help you can get

How much help we can give you depends on:

  • if you're legally homeless
  • your level of need
  • if your homelessness is your fault

You can find out how councils decide if you're homeless on the Shelter website.

If we can't help you stay in your home or find a new one, we'll check if you can get:

  • emergency housing, such as a place in a shelter or hostel
  • longer term housing, such as council housing

If you don't live in Brighton & Hove

You usually need a local connection to get help, which includes if you:

  • live or work in the area
  • have close family in the area
  • need specialist healthcare in the area

If we decide you don't have a local connection to Brighton & Hove, we'll refer you to another council where you do.