Get help to keep up with your rent

Get help and advice if you're having difficulty paying your rent for private housing.

Get money advice

If you fall behind with your rent, your landlord can evict you and you could lose your home.

You can get advice if you're in rent arrears or having difficulty in paying your rent from:

Apply for benefits

If you need help to pay your rent, you should check if you can apply for housing benefit.

Local Housing Allowance (LHA) is used to work out housing benefit for people who live in private housing.

If you're unemployed or on a low income you should also check if you can claim other benefits, such as a Council Tax Reduction.

If you disagree with your rent

You can apply to a tribunal if you don't think your landlord is being fair with your rent.