Parking zone V - Hanover and Elm Grove area (full touch scheme)
A full touch parking scheme in the Hanover and Elm Grove area of the city started on 2 October 2017.
This area is often called parking zone V on street signs and maps.
- Find your address on our zone map to check you live in this zone.
How do I buy a resident parking permit or visitor permits?
If you live in this zone you can buy parking permits online.
You need to register for an account first – make sure you read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
As you fill in the registration form we will run an online ID check to confirm that you live at the address you’ve selected. If we can’t confirm your address, we’ll ask you to upload two proofs of address that need to be checked by a member staff. This may take a few days, please bear with us. When your details have been verified, we will email you.
Once you’ve registered for an account you can log in to the system to buy a resident parking permit for yourself, or visitor parking permits for your visitors.
Second resident parking permits for the same address
Second resident parking permits for the same address are currently available. These are sold on a first come, first served basis.
Please note this will apply to the property. A resident can only hold one resident permit in their name. If another resident in the household needs a permit then we recommend they go online and register. We will then verify their account ahead of the sale of second permits.
If there are more applications than permit allocations, a waiting list may need to be created.
How the zone works
In this zone there are:
- permit bays that only resident parking permit holders can use
- shared use bays that can be used by resident parking permit holders as well as people who want to pay and display park
- pay and display bays with a maximum stay of four hours
- some free parking spaces outside shops and local businesses
Hours of operation
All bays (permit, shared use and pay and display) operate 9am to 8pm Monday to Sunday.
Parking permit costs
If you have a low emission diesel vehicle you can't get a discount and need to pay the full price.
- Resident parking permit for 3 months: £45
- Resident parking permit for 12 months: £130
- Resident parking permit for a low emissions vehicle (not diesel) valid for 3 months: £22.50
- Resident parking permit for a low emissions vehicle (not diesel) valid for 12 months: £65
- Visitor parking permit valid for one calendar day: £3.50
- Blue Badge parking permit valid for 12 months: £15
- Blue Badge parking permit for a low emissions vehicle (not diesel) valid for 12 months: £10
Is there a waiting list ?
There is currently no waiting list for Zone V.
Find out about the Hanover and Elm Grove parking consultation.