North and south chapels
Built originally in 1856 and refurbished most recently in 2013, the North and South Chapels are either side of the main crematorium building.
About the North and South Chapels
The North and South Chapels are adjacent to the crematorium building and located approximately quarter of a mile up the drive from the main Lewes Road gates.
In this picture the North Chapel is on the left and the South Chapel is on the right of the main crematorium building
Each chapel has:
- free parking including spaces for disabled badge holders
- a waiting room with toilets (located opposite the South Chapel)
- seating for approximately 80 people
- Visual tributes, live webcasts and keepsake recordings are available through Obitus (two working days minimum notice required)
- a screen to display images via the Obitus system
- an electric organ
- disabled access and hearing aid loops
Inside the chapels
Unlike the South Chapel, The North Chapel is consecrated and features a stained-glass window and altar.
- services should be kept to 30 minutes. For longer services, a double booking will have to be made and an additional fee would be applicable to the basic cremation costs
- a use of chapel fee applies if being used for a burial service, memorial service only