What a virtual school is
We are a team of staff who work to promote the best educational outcomes for:
- children in care
- children previously in care
- children with a social worker
We know that these children and young people can do very well in early years settings, school and post 16 provision, despite the challenges they have faced. However, we know that there is a gap between the attainment of these children and their peers. We also know that doing well in education opens greater opportunities as children grow up.
It is vital that we work with our partners to raise the profile of these children, remove barriers to their education and ensure they are supported so that they are not left behind and they can achieve the very best that they can.
Our Mission: to improve the life opportunities for children in care, children previously in care and children with a social worker by promoting their education and enabling them to achieve the best they can.
At the Virtual School we work to ensure that all children in care, children previously in care and children with a social worker:
- achieve their full potential in education
- attend a setting that best suits their needs
- maintain a high level of attendance without school exclusions
- enter employment, education or training when they leave school