BikeShare - free membership offer for staff working in early years settings
Learn how you can apply for a free Annual Rider membership from Brighton BikeShare. This is for staff working in early years settings.
There will be a very limited number of free Annual Rider memberships* for Brighton BikeShare available for staff working in early years settings in Brighton & Hove. These will be offered on a ‘first-come, first-serve’ basis from 9am on Friday 4 September. Instructions on how to apply are below.
*The Annual Rider memberships allows you to have 30 minutes of free ride time every single day. This does not have to be in one ride. Each trip is timed from start to end of rent (including any reservations or hold time). When you have used a total of 30 minutes in the current day, your account will start to be charged at the rate of 3p per minute. The 30 minute allowance is reset every midnight.
Am I eligible to apply for a free BikeShare membership?
These free annual memberships for early years staff are aimed at:
- staff who work in any early years setting in Brighton and Hove, in any capacity
- staff who intend to use the BikeShare bikes for regular travel to and from work at their setting.
Please only apply for a free membership if you will be using the bikes on a regular basis, year-round, to get to and from work, either for all of the journey or part of the journey (you can of course use the bikes at any other time too).
There are a very limited number of these memberships available.
Please do not apply for a free membership if:
- you will only use the BikeShare bike occasionally to get to and from work
- you already have your own bike which you can use for getting to and from work
- you do not work in an early years setting in Brighton and Hove
How do I apply for a free BikeShare membership?
You can only apply for a free BikeShare membership in the following way:
- applications will only be accepted from 9am on Friday 4 September 2020, by sending us an email, requesting a BikeShare membership code
- only apply after 9am on Friday 4 September – any email we receive prior to that time will unfortunately be ignored, and you will not receive a code
- the email address to apply is firstname.lastname@example.org
- send the email copying in your manager, who will need to verify that you work at an early years setting
- if you are not able to send an email at 9am and are worried about missing out on this offer, you can ask your manager or a friend to send an email on your behalf – both you and your manager need to be copied in to the email
- please read our Privacy Notice for the Early Years BikeShare Membership Offer and complete the application form, make sure you tick the permission box on the form. The Privacy Notice tells you how we will use your data. Please attach the completed form, or a photo of the completed form, with your application email
- your manager will need to confirm your employment at your early years setting simply by replying to the email you have sent, copying in the published email address. We will follow up with any managers who do not do this to confirm your employment at an early years setting
- we will then issue a you a one-use code by email to sign up for a free BikeShare Annual Rider membership. We will also send you instructions on how to activate your free membership. You should receive the email with the activation code within 7 days, but we are anticipating it will be quicker than this
- you will then be able to activate your free membership via the Brighton BikeShare website or by downloading the Social Bicycles app. You will need to pay £1 to credit your BikeShare account as part of setting it up
- once all the free memberships have all been allocated, no more will be offered. We anticipate this offer will be very popular and that the free memberships will be allocated very quickly. Please consider this when you are applying, as to whether you will make the best use of a free membership, or whether somebody else should have the opportunity to receive one
I already have a Brighton BikeShare membership/account – can I still apply for a free membership code?
I have an existing Annual Rider membership
If you already have an existing Annual Rider membership, you will need to set up a brand new BikeShare account, using a different mobile number and email address to your current membership. You can set up your new account once we have sent you your activation code. You do not need to do this prior to applying for your code. You will not be refunded for any of your unused current Annual Rider membership.
I have an existing Easy Rider (Pay As You Go) account
If you already have an Easy Rider (Pay As You Go) account for Brighton BikeShare, you can switch to an Annual Rider membership using your activation code when we send it to you. Please see the Brighton BikeShare website for the answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the Brighton BikeShare scheme.
For more information or if you have any questions, please email:
You cannot apply for the BikeShare offer using this email address