Mental Health Act assessments

What to do if you’re worried that someone is having a mental health crisis or emergency, and they won’t agree to get help.

Help in a mental health emergency

Where to get urgent help if you’re experiencing a mental health crisis or emergency, you're in a life threatening situation, or you're worried about your mental health.

Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)

Keeping people safe in a hospital or care home, can sometimes involve them being restricted or restrained. This is known as being deprived of your liberty.

Help with alcohol or drug misuse

What to do if you or someone you know has a problem with alcohol or drugs. This is sometimes called substance misuse.

Help to make decisions about your life

Some people can't make decisions for themselves, this is known as lacking mental capacity. We can help if you can’t make decisions for yourself, or you have to make decisions for someone else.

Help with dementia

If you're worried about your memory, get help from the NHS and other organisations across the city.

Help for an adult at risk of abuse or neglect

If you're experiencing abuse or neglect, or you're worried about someone else, tell us. This is often referred to as a safeguarding concern and we can help.

Support with your mental health and wellbeing

What you can do to improve your mental health and wellbeing, and where to get help.

Help with domestic abuse

If someone close to you like a partner, ex-partner or family member hurts you or makes you feel unsafe, it's domestic abuse. Find out where to get help if you, or someone you know is experiencing domestic abuse.

How advocacy can help you

If you find it difficult to express yourself, and you don’t have a friend or relative who can support you, an advocate can help make sure your voice is heard.