Benefits and grants to help with special educational needs and disabilities

You may be able to claim benefits or get financial help if you look after a child with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND) or you have SEND.

How people living with you can affect your benefits

Let us know if there are people living with you, as this may change the amount of benefit you get.

Paying Housing Benefit straight to your landlord

If you have health, debt or other problems that make it difficult for you to pay rent to your landlord, you can ask us to pay your Housing Benefit straight to them

Changes you need to tell us about if you claim benefits

You need to keep us up to date about changes to your income, rent, the people living with you and other things that affect the benefits you get

Apply for a Council Tax Reduction

Check if you can get a reduction to your Council Tax and apply online.

Leisure Card

The Leisure Card is available to Brighton & Hove residents in receipt of certain state benefits and gives a discount of approximately 40% on selected activities at seven leisure centres across the city. The scheme is operated by Freedom Leisure on behalf of Brighton & Hove City Council.

Who can apply?

Any resident, whose normal home is within Brighton & Hove, aged 18 and over can apply for a Leisure Card if they are in receipt of any of the below benefits: