Due to the number of applications the Fund is now closed to new submissions until November.
- All applications to the Brighton Fund must be made by support workers on behalf of clients who are residents of Brighton & Hove.
- Funding can be provided for one off payments for white goods, furniture, etc.
- Applications are considered in two priority categories - residents over 60 and residents under 60.
- The Brighton Fund makes one off awards and cannot accept second applications.
- There is a £500 (before VAT) limit on applications. We can provide partial funding for applications over this amount.
- We are not able to provide crisis loans under any circumstances.
- Awards to people who are currently homeless are not eligible - please see the council’s page on homelessness for information about the support available.
Please provide information regarding your client’s circumstances to support their application and, if possible, 2 supplier quotes listing VAT separately.
The Brighton Fund makes awards at monthly meetings of the trustees.
Due to the high volume of applications, you may need to wait up to four months for us to let you know our decision.
Awards are in the form of BACS payments to the supplier or as transfers to departmental budgets within the council.The fund is an independent charity accountable to the Charity Commission (Registered Charity number - 1011724)