Submission stage of the City Plan Part Two
Find out about the submission stage of the City Plan Part Two, Regulation 19 Consultation Representations, where to view the submission documents, and the Schedule of Proposed Modifications.
City Plan Part Two submitted for examination
The council submitted the Proposed Submission City Plan Part Two and the supporting documents, to the Secretary of State for examination on 13 May 2021, in accordance with Regulation 22 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012.
Read the formal notice of submission, which sets out the availability of the submission documents for inspection.
Find the submission documents and more information about the City Plan examination.
Regulation 19 consultation representations
Work started on preparing the City Plan Part Two in 2016. Since then there have been three stages of public consultation, including the formal Regulation 19 consultation. This happened last autumn between 7 September 2020 and 30 October 2020.
The council submitted all the duly-made comments to the Planning Inspectorate.
The Regulation 20 Consultation Statement (SD09ai) details how the consultation was undertaken, and includes:
- Appendix 9 of the Consultation Statement includes a summary of the main issues raised by the representations and officer responses
- Appendix 10 includes copies of all representations (SD09bi – bxi)
- Appendix 11 includes copies of all representation in plan order (SD09d)
Proposed schedule of modifications
The Proposed Submission City Plan Part Two remains unchanged from that agreed by Council in April 2020.
The council has written to the Planning Inspectorate, asking that the appointed Inspector recommend modifications to the plan. These are modifications needed to rectify matters that would otherwise make the Plan unsound or not legally compliant and not capable of being adopted.
We've prepared a proposed schedule of modifications for the Inspector to consider during the examination of the City Plan Part Two as follows:
- many of the modifications are minor editorial updates or corrections to typographical errors
- a number of proposed main modifications are put forward to address government changes to the Use Classes Order that came into effect 1 September 2020 such as for Policies DM12-DM16
- some main modifications relate to other government updates such as Policy DM44 or to address particular representations from statutory consultees or landowners such as to Policies DM37 and H1
- proposed main modifications have also been put forward to Policy H2 Housing Sites - Urban Fringe to reflect the recommendations of a new piece of background evidence: Urban Fringe Assessment (UFA) 2021 Update (ED 24) - find the special area and site allocations background evidence documents
The Inspector will consider the proposed modifications during the examination. This will be alongside other alterations to the Plan that he or she consider may be necessary to make the Plan ‘sound’, including modifications proposed by objectors.