Work has begun
Construction on the Stanmer Park Restoration Project started on 24 June 2019 in the Walled Garden area. The construction company is Buxton Building Contractors.
The project is due to be completed in winter 2020/21.
- new Lower Lodges information and welcome kiosk construction work proceeding well
- work has now almost finished on the "green drive", the shared pedestrian and cycle path which will run from the main entrance at the Lower Lodges to the centre of the park
- restoration work on the historic Frankland Monument on the edge of the Great Wood is in progress
- Walled Garden restoration work, landscaping and planting is well advanced now, including final work on the new café construction
- work is underway on the new access road for the restored Walled Garden area
- volunteering, community planting and schools activities in the Walled Garden, run by OneGardenBrighton and Plumpton College, expected to start in late 2020/early 2021
- we have a new project team in place
The glasshouse in the Walled Garden of Stanmer Park and the new team members working on the Stanmer Park Restoration project.
Download our current newsletters
Project updates from the Stanmer Park Restoration Project
Latest update bulletins from Buxton Building Contractors
To receive these updates, email firstname.lastname@example.org.