View areas of the park which have been restored
Download a map of Stanmer Park showing the restoration area. You can see a list of works that have been carried out during the restoration project.
Current works and what's next
- The pond is being drained and de-silted. The silt is being spread on the adjacent lawn, and will be seeded and blended into the lawn. The pond will have clay laid to re-line it, then allowed to naturally refill with rainwater. British native plants will be planted on the margins and in the water to improve the habitat for insects and wildlife
- new Lower Lodges information and welcome kiosk is open
- improved and re-landscaped Lower Lodges west side car park is open. This car park includes cycle parking stands. The improved east side Lower Lodges car park is also open
- the new Patchway car park is now open. This car park includes new cycle parking stands.
- the "green drive", the shared pedestrian and cycle path running from the main entrance at the Lower Lodges to the centre of the park is open
- the restored Walled Garden opened to the public on 2 April 2021. There are new cycle parking stands provided just outside the Walled Garden entrance. Find out more about One Garden.
- volunteering, community planting and schools activities in the Walled Garden are strating. Find out more about activities at One Garden.
- we have developed a range of schools and family learning activities for all to enjoy
- 250 new native trees have been planted in the park, including around the new and improved car parks
- the new Lower Lodges end playground opened in August 2020 and is proving very popular
- project volunteering opportunities are available to explore on the Community Works website. This includes helping with a new Friends group, and also historical research assistance
- a range of new interpretation and information signage to enhance people’s enjoyment and understanding of the park and its heritage has been installed around the park
- four “Listening posts” featuring oral history volunteers talking about their memories of Stanmer Park are due to be installed in the park soon
The glasshouse in the Walled Garden of Stanmer Park and the new team members working on the Stanmer Park Restoration project.