What you can do
There are plenty of opportunities in 2021 and beyond for everyone to get involved in as part of the Stanmer Park restoration project.
There will be a wide variety of additional volunteering, training education and learning activities on offer during the project. Many will be delivered by our project partners, including Plumpton College who are operating and managing the park’s historic restored Walled Garden as One Garden Brighton.
Opportunities will be advertised via Brighton and Hove Community Works as well as by our project partners. We will also provide information in the Stanmer Park Restoration Project newsletter.
If you want to sign up for this, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find out more about One Garden Brighton, and sign up for the updates mailing list on their website.
We expect the activities will include:
- woodland management
- walks and talks
- schools activities, and other education and learning opportunities for all - see also our resources page
- wildlife surveys and species monitoring
- fruit courses and horticultural training
- visitor surveys and counts
- arts and music
- green building and management
- park history and heritage research
- water and energy training and courses
- event assistance including community litter picks
- involvement in a new Friends group for the park
Share your memories of Stanmer Park
Throughout the project, residents are invited to share their past and present memories of Stanmer Park.
Send in treasured photos and other memorabilia and help create a unique record of the park's fascinating past.
Email email@example.com with your memories.
picnics with my children
The Earthship being built