Moving to Brighton & Hove

If your child has an education, health and care (EHC) plan, or you're going through the EHC assessment process, you need to:

If your child has an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan, we’ll ask the council where you live for a copy of it.

To help us plan your child’s support, we’ll also ask for copies of other useful documents, such as a recent annual EHC review report.

Moving out of the city

If you’re moving out of the city, and your child has special educational needs or a disability (SEND), you need to:

If your child has an EHC draft or a final plan we will pass it on to the council where you’re moving to.

If we have started to do an EHC assessment for your child we will pass on the on the information we've collected to the council where you’re moving to.

Moving within the city

If you're moving home but staying in Brighton & Hove you need to:

More information

Go to your local council’s website to find out about support for children with special educational needs and disabilities in your area, called Local Offer.