What's in an education, health and care plan
Your and your child's views, support they need and outcomes your child wants to achieve will be in the education, health and care (EHC) plan.
About education, health and care plans
An education, health and care (EHC) plan is a legal document. It explains your child’s special needs, the support they need, and how that support will be provided.
Only children and young people under 25 years of age who have complex needs and difficulties can get an EHC plan.
What’s in the EHC plan
The plan includes:
- your and your child’s views
- your and your child’s and hopes for the future
- your child’s interests
- your child’s special educational needs or disabilities
- where your child will get their education
- support your child will get to help them learn
- results your child wants to achieve, called outcomes
- health and social care support your child will get
- how your personal budget, if you have one, will support your child’s outcomes in education, health and social care
- advice and information from the EHC assessment