Get social care support with special educational needs and disabilities
How to get support provided by our council, called social care, for children and young people 0 to 25 years old.
About social care
Social care is the name we use for council services that support children and young people who have special educational need or a disability (SEND), parents, carers and other members of the family.
Some social care services can be used by any child or young person with SEND and their family.
Other services are for children and young people with more complex needs. To use these services you’ll need to get an assessment by the Children's Disability Service at Seaside View.
Support for children, young people and families
Websites and organisations where you can find social care support for you, your child and family include:
- short breaks, counselling, support groups and occupational therapy for adaptations to the home
- Family Information Service directory
- Amaze website, where you can get advice and support
- Carers Hub website, where you can get information and support if you're a carer
- your social worker, if you have one
Support for young adults
Check adult social care support you can get if you are over 18 years old.
Get support to help you:
Extra help for carers
Parents and carers can also get a Carer’s Card. You can use this discount card to pay less for training courses, leisure activities and services that support your health.