Get social care support with special educational needs and disabilities

How to get support provided by our council, called social care, for children and young people 0 to 25 years old.

About social care

Social care is the name we use for council services that support children and young people who have special educational need or a disability (SEND), parents, carers and other members of the family.

Some social care services can be used by any child or young person with SEND and their family. 

Other services are for children and young people with more complex needs. To use these services you’ll need to get an assessment by the Children's Disability Service at Seaside View.

Support for children, young people and families

Websites and organisations where you can find social care support for you, your child and family include:

Support for young adults

Check adult social care support you can get if you are over 18 years old.

Get support to help you:

Extra help for carers

You can get help if you're a carer who provides unpaid support.

Parents and carers can also get a Carer’s Card. You can use this discount card to pay less for training courses, leisure activities and services that support your health.