About bullying

Bullying is when a person or a group emotionally or physically hurts another person or group over a period of time.

Bullying can happen to anyone in different places, such as at school, outside of school, face to face or online.

Cyber bullying is a type of bullying that takes place online, on smartphones, tablets, computers or laptops.

Find out how to report bullying and get help on the GOV.UK website.

Who you can talk to

You should report bullying to your school, or someone you trust if it happens outside school.

The Community Safety team who can provide support to people and families affected by bullying that is based on their race, faith, religion, disability or because they are lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender. You can contact:

Email: communitysafety.casework@brighton-hove.gov.uk
Phone: 01273 292735

Tell the police if the bullying involves a crime.

Where to get help

Organisations and websites where you can get advice and support include:

More information

For more information you can download or view our: