The role of the Transport Panel Meeting is to review and consider all applications for Home to School Transport.
This Terms of Reference is effective from 2 December 2021 and will be ongoing.
The Transport Panel must comprise of:
- interim team manager (chair)
- transport officer - 1 transport officer for each meeting, taking turns
- SEND officer
- Amaze representative - decisions on applications cannot be made without an Amaze representative
4. Roles and responsibilities
The Transport Panel meeting is responsible for reviewing and considering every application for Home To School Transport.
Members’ expectations are as follows:
- that each member will be provided with application documents, Education Health and Care Plans and any supporting parental or school evidence, 3 working days before the panel meet
- to be alerted to potential risks and issues that could impact decisions
- open and honest discussions to make decisions in the best interests of the children and young people
Decisions are made by consensus - members are satisfied with the decision even though it may not be their first choice. If consensus cannot be reached the final decision is made by the Interim Team Manager.
5. Frequency of meetings
Meetings will be held every week, for 1 hour depending on the number of applications. There is provision for this meeting to be called in urgent situation also. The meeting will generally be held via Teams or in Hove Town Hall.
The quorum for meetings shall be 3.
The Transport Panel meets are accountable to the HTST Governance Board.
The terms of reference will be reviewed annually. Any changes must be agreed by the Transport Panel members.