Free school meals
Did you know that you don't have to pay for a school meal for your child if they're in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2? The current cost of a school meal in primary schools is £2.20.
- check if you are entitled to free school meals
School meal menus
Unfortunately, we are currently unable to display menus for all schools across the city. Many schools have opted for a temporary menu to ease the transition for all pupils being back in school.
Please contact your school to confirm what menu is available.
If you have any questions about a special diet, please phone Caterlink directly on 01273 417 169 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
My child has an allergy or intolerance
If your child has an allergy or intolerance, we will be able to provide a safe and special diet plan for them. Please complete this allergy and intolerance form and email it to email@example.com.
- a variety of red meat and poultry dishes, all to the red tractor standard
- sustainable fish including omega-3 rich oily fish
- local free range eggs
- balanced vegetarian dishes
- a wide choice of fresh fruit, vegetables and salad
- fresh bread, cooked on site daily
Peas Please Pledge – Food Foundation
A new initiative led by the Food Foundation is urging the foodservice industry and supply chain to pledge actions that will lead to increased vegetable consumption in the UK.
Many parents have asked for further support and information to help them make an informed decision around school meals. The Little Book of Goodness written by the School Food Trust is designed to address these concerns.
The Corporate School Meals Contract is provided by Caterlink, part of the WSH UK and Ireland Ltd. The contract is administered by our School Meals Team. Any schools that have opted out of this contract, as well as PFI schools, will have their own arrangements. Find out more about Caterlink.
If there are any queries regarding school meals, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the following numbers:
- for comments, complaints, compliments and contractual issues, please contact the School Meals Manager on 01273 293 590
- to enquire about a job please contact Caterlink, you can call them on 01273 417 169