You can use this form if you applied for a place at a school for a child in Brighton & Hove but weren’t successful, and wish to appeal the decision.
Use this form for children in years 3 to 11.
You'll need to tell us:
- your address and contact details
- the name of the school you would like your child to go to
- your child's name and date of birth
- the school your child has been allocated and the last school they went to
- details of any other children of school age you have
- who will attend the hearing and any special requirements you have
We will then ask for the details of your appeal. Please tell us:
- if you feel the admissions criteria have not been applied correctly, please explain why
- if your child has been identified as requiring additional support and if so why you feel your chosen school is the only school in the city that can provide that support
- why you feel your child should be admitted to your chosen school
You can give additional information and upload supporting documents here.
Before completing this form
- Please read the guidance document on the school appeals web page
- Make sure that you have all of your necessary information to hand. You will not be able to save your progress when filling in this online form.
Alternatively, you can download a copy of the paper School Appeal form (PDF 39KB) to fill in and send to:
The Clerk to the Independent Appeal Panel, School Appeals, Hove Town Hall, Norton Road, Hove, BN3 3BQ
We process, analyse and use your data in a range of ways to better understand what our customers need and to improve the way in which the council delivers your services.
Find more information about how we use your data in our privacy and data notice.