Student support - Student grants and loans

Find links to help you understand what student loans you can apply for.

Grants and loans

There are two types of student support, depending on which course/college you wish to attend. These are

  • higher education (HE): student loans and grants for first degree level courses, including teacher training
  • further education (FE): help with travel, living and other costs for further education students - in school sixth forms, sixth form colleges and FE colleges

Support for HE courses and related enquiries are dealt with by the Student Loans Company.

Visit for further information and to make an application.