Refuse, recycling and garden waste service disruption
We’d like to apologise to residents for delays to some of our Cityclean services recently.
Although our staff are working very hard to catch up, like many local authorities and businesses throughout the country we're still facing staffing issues due to sickness and the national labour shortage. This has also affected our ability to employ agency staff.
We've also been facing difficulties with some of our vehicles, but have a number of new trucks and lorries being deployed this week. Brexit is also causing delays to getting replacement vehicle parts when our trucks break down.
If we’ve missed your collection, please leave it out and we’ll pick it up as soon as we can.
To minimise disruption as much as possible we are:
- redeploying staff where possible
- continuing to try and recruit new staff and use agency staff
- asking residents, where possible, to store their recycling until we can collect
How you can help
- flatten all boxes and place in your bin - unflattened boxes take up extra space
- don’t leave extra waste beside a communal bin
- if you have too much waste or recycling, please keep it until your next collection or take it to one of our 64 recycling points or our Household Waste Recycling Sites