Recycle your Christmas tree
You can find information below on recycling real and artificial trees, plus a list of our Christmas tree recycling points.
Where to take your real or artificial Christmas tree
Please don't leave trees on the pavement, road or beside a communal bin as this is fly-tipping and you could be fined.
You can recycle real or artificial Christmas trees at our Household Waste Recycling Sites, or tips.
Real Christmas trees can be chopped up and recycled in your garden waste if you've signed up to our paid-for collection service.
Real trees can also be left at any of our 23 Christmas tree recycling points across the city. A full list is below.
Please remove all decorations and the pot before leaving your tree.
Every real tree is turned into soil improver or compost. You can buy this soil improver from our recycling centres.
Our Christmas tree recycling points are open from Monday 28 December until Monday 11 January
- Upper Bevendean Avenue - opposite shops, by the recycling site
- Coldean Lane - opposite Park Road, near junction with A270
- Dyke Road Avenue/Tongdean Lane - at the junction of Dyke Road Avenue
- Wilson Avenue - East Brighton Park, in entrance to car park
- Ditchling Road - Hollingbury Park, North End, opposite golf course entrance on the corner of Woodbourne
- Ladies Mile Road - junction with Mackie Avenue, behind clock tower
- Mackie Avenue - junction of Plainfields, playing field opposite the shops
- Montpelier Crescent - next to recycling point
- Preston Drove - Preston Park, north entrance, next to recycling site
- South Avenue - South of Queens Park, by the pond
- Union Road - North end of the Level, behind recycling site
- Upper Bedford Street - by Hampshire Court, corner of Upper St James Street
- Adelaide Crescent - south west, opposite no 34 on the green to the left of entrance
- Hove Museum - the green on Pembroke Gardens at rear of Museum
- Hangleton Park - on left hand side from Lark Hill and Park Rise entrance
- Hove Park - end of Orchard Road
- St Ann's Well Gardens - beside Nizells Avenue
- Wish Park Recreation Ground - Wish Road, North East corner, by the playground
- East Hill Park - Millcross Road entrance
- Victoria Recreation Ground - Victoria Road, West side of the car park
We no longer operate a collection site from Brunswick Square. Please use the collection points in Adelaide Crescent or St Anne’s Well Gardens instead.
Any trees left in Brunswick Square will be treated as fly-tipping and you could be fined.
- Saltdean Park Road - Saltdean Lido, in the car park to the left hand side of recycling site
- Lockwood Crescent - Woodingdean Central Park, in the corner opposite recycling point
- Falmer Road - Happy Valley car park, left hand side of entrance barrier, opposite Crescent Drive South