Where to take your real or artificial Christmas tree
Please don't leave trees on the pavement, road or beside a communal bin as this is fly-tipping and you could be fined.
You can recycle real or artificial Christmas trees at our Household Waste Recycling Sites.
Real Christmas trees can be chopped up and recycled in your garden waste if you've signed up to our paid-for collection service.
Real trees can also be left at any of our 23 Christmas tree recycling points across the city. A full list is below.
Please remove all decorations and the pot before leaving your tree.
Every real tree is turned into soil improver or compost. You can buy this soil improver from our recycling centres.
Our Christmas tree recycling points will be open from Monday 27 December until Monday 10 January 2022.
- Upper Bevendean Avenue - opposite the shops, by the recycling site
- Coldean Lane - opposite Park Road, near the junction with A270
- Withdean Stadium - Tongdean Lane car park
- Wilson Avenue - East Brighton Park, the grass between the bike racks and the testing centre
- Ditchling Road - Hollingbury Park, north end, opposite the golf course entrance on the corner of Woodbourne
- Ladies Mile Road - junction with Mackie Avenue, behind theclock tower
- Mackie Avenue - junction of Plainfields, playing field opposite the shops
- Montpelier Crescent - next to the recycling point
- Preston Drove - Preston Park, north entrance, next to the recycling site
- South Avenue - South of Queens Park, by the pond
- Union Road - North end of the Level, behind the recycling site
- Upper Bedford Street - opposite st George's Terrace
We've relocated the Dyke Road collection point to Withdean Stadium to provide a larger space and improve access to pick up the trees.
- Hove Lawns - opposite Adelaide Crescent
- Hove Museum - the green on Pembroke Gardens at rear of Museum
- Hangleton Park - on left hand side from Lark Hill and Park Rise entrance
- Hove Park - end of Orchard Road
- St Ann's Well Gardens - beside Nizells Avenue
- Wish Park Recreation Ground - Wish Road, North East corner, by the playground
- East Hill Park - Millcross Road entrance
- Victoria Recreation Ground - Victoria Road, West side of the car park
We no longer operate collection sites in Brunswick Square or Adelaide Crescent. We've relocated this collection point to Hove Lawns to improve the access to pick up the trees.
Any trees left in Brunswick Square and Adelaide Crescent will be treated as fly-tipping and you could be fined.
- Saltdean Park Road - Saltdean Lido, in the car park to the left hand side of recycling site
- Lockwood Crescent - Woodingdean Central Park, in the corner opposite recycling point
- Falmer Road - Happy Valley car park, left hand side of entrance barrier, opposite Crescent Drive South
If there are any issues with a site, please let us know using our report a problem and request a clean-up online form.