Donating unwanted items
If you no longer need an item and it's in good condition, you could give it away to someone who could use it.
How to donate items
Go to Brighton & Hove Freecycle or Freegle to list your items.
Other online platforms where you can gift or sell unwanted items include:
You can also download the ZeroNet app from Tech-Takeback to get your electrical items collected from your home. Goods that are working or can be refurbished or upgraded will be donated to charity. Anything that can’t be saved will be dismantled and recycled responsibly.
Find the full list of the items Tech-Takeback collects.
If you have large items or many to get rid of, the following charities may be able to pick them up:
- Emmaus Brighton & Hove - phone 01273 426 480
- YMCA - phone 01273 203 976
- Martlets - phone 01273 721 188 extension 1
- Now! Charity (based in Lewes) - phone 01273 487 377
- Age UK East Sussex - phone 01273 476 704 extension 614