What to include in your site location plan
Go to our example site location plan.
To create your own site location plan, visit the site location plan creator page on the portal. This offers a range of suppliers - choose the 2ha or 5ha option at 1:1250.
Site location plans and block plans can also be obtained from Mail Boxes Etc, at 91 Western Road, Brighton, BN1 2NW.
You can phone 0800 008 6105 to speak with an advisor for more information.
The site location plan must show:
- a scale of 1:1250
- a scale bar indicating a minimum of 0 to 10m at a scale of 1:1250
- the site boundary - the whole site, not simply the buildings - clearly edged with a continuous red line. This should also show land necessary to carry out the development, for example access routes
- a north point
- the paper size - if the plan is intended for other than A4
- wherever possible, at least 2 named roads and surrounding buildings should be shown and the properties clearly numbered
- in the case of removal or variation of conditions it must show the red edge as identified in the original application
A blue line should be drawn around any other land owned by the applicant, close to or adjoining the application site.