Parking permit - change of vehicle
Find out what you need to do if you change your vehicle to make sure your parking permit is still valid. This includes what to do if you are using a temporary vehicle.
Parking Permit centre
The Parking Permit centre at Hove Town Hall is closed.
The Customer Service Centres are open in Brighton Town Hall and Hove Town Hall.
What is available at Customer Service Centres
You can find:
- free internet access, computers, scanners and phones to contact the council or access services
- support from staff to use the facilities
- basic signposting to the relevant council service, to contact online or over the phone
What is not available at Customer Service Centres
You will not be able to:
- get face to face service from specific teams, like Parking services, Concessionary Travel
- buy or collect parking permits
- pay parking fines
If you have moved your permit to MyAccount (the new online permit system), you can tell us you've changed your vehicle online in MyAccount.
If you have not moved your permit to MyAccount, you'll need to fill in a change of vehicle form and send the form in an online message.
Or post it to:
Parking Customer Services
Hove Town Hall
What to do if you can’t access the internet
If you cannot access the internet we will help you over the phone.
You may need to take extra steps after the phone call to complete the required changes, like providing proof of the current permit, proof of address or vehicle documents by post.
The parking services phone line is open to support you if you're not able to access our service through the website and online forms. Officers answering these calls will only be able to help you complete online forms.
If you need help, you can phone 01273 296 622 and select option 3. Our phone lines are open 9am to 1:30pm Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays.
Temporary change of vehicle
You can use MyAccount to temporarily change your vehicle details. If you do not have a MyAccount, phone 01273 296 622.
You will need to tell us your:
- permit number, which is on the bottom left corner of your permit
- full name
- phone number
- temporary vehicle details, including vehicle registration mark, make, model and colour
We'll then tell you what you need to do next.