If you live in Brighton & Hove, are of fare paying age and are unable to use public transport, you may be eligible for taxi vouchers.
We are able to issue £70 worth of taxi vouchers each year (£35 if applying after 1 October) and these will be valid until the following April.
If you currently have a valid bus pass you must return it before the taxi vouchers can be given to you. You cannot re-apply for a bus pass within the period for which the taxi vouchers have been issued. The current period is from 1 April to the 31 March.
If your condition improves and you can use public transport again, we'll give you another bus pass providing you give back any unused taxi vouchers.
If your condition changes again and you can't use public transport the following issuing period, you can give back your bus pass and have taxi vouchers again. However, an option to change back to a bus pass again during the same issuing period won't be allowed
Apply for taxi vouchers
To be eligible for taxi vouchers you must be unable to use public transport and meet one of the criteria:
- hold a valid Blue Badge
- resident in a care home
- receive attendance allowance
- receive the higher rate mobility component of disability living allowance
- receive 8 to 12 points in the ‘Moving Around’ descriptor for the mobility component of personal independence payment (PIP)
- receive the war pensioner’s mobility supplement
- receive a lump sum benefit under the Armed Forces and Reserve Forces (Compensation) Scheme within tariff levels 1 to 8
If none of the above apply to you then we will require supporting evidence from a medical professional confirming you are unable to use public transport.
To apply you will also need:
- proof of your identity
- proof of your address
- a photograph of you
If you are sending documents by post please only send photocopies. Brighton & Hove City Council cannot be held responsible for documents that are lost in the post.
The customer service counter is closed.
You can still:
- telephone 01273 291924 - Please leave a voicemail and a member of our team will phone you back.
- send an email to email@example.com
How to use your taxi vouchers
You must use one of the following taxi companies and book your journey in advance. You can choose to use the vouchers to pay for all or part of your fare. All taxi vouchers are issued in whole pounds and change cannot be given.