Renew your resident permit
You can renew your resident parking permit through MyAccount.
We sent you a permit reminder letter around 30 days before your current permit expires.
This letter has your unique PIN number and instructions on how to move your current permit record onto the new parking permit system, known as MyAccount.
If an expired permit is displayed in your vehicle, you could receive a penalty charge notice (PCN).
If you have a parking ticket (penalty charge notice) registered with our enforcement agents then we reserve the right NOT to issue a parking permit.
By renewing your resident permit online you confirm that the following statements are true:
- I confirm that I am over the age of 17
- I confirm that no off street parking is available at my address
- I confirm that I am a permanent resident of Brighton & Hove and understand that if I cease to live at this address I must contact the council or surrender my permit immediately
- I understand that if I change my vehicle I must contact the council or surrender the permit immediately
- I confirm that my property is not in a car free development or in a private road
- I confirm that my property is not a holiday home
- I understand that the council may at a later date request proof of address, ownership of the vehicle and motor insurance documentation showing the Brighton and Hove address.
- I understand that I may be asked to provide eligibility and that if this cannot be provided within 14 working days my permit may be revoked
- I understand that Council Tax records may be inspected to assess eligibility
Any person knowingly making a false statement for the purposes of obtaining a resident permit is liable for a fine not exceeding Level 5 (£5,000) or imprisonment for up to 6 months, or both a fine and imprisonment.
If you cannot access the internet we'll help you to fill in the online form.
You may need to take extra steps after the phone call to finish your application, like providing proof of address or vehicle documents by post.
The parking services phone line is open to support you if you're not able to access our service through the website and online forms. Officers answering these calls will only be able to assist you completing online forms.
If you need help, phone 01273 296 622 between 9am and 1:30pm Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays.
Questions about renewals
How long will it take?
Please allow 7 working days for your new permit to arrive in the post. Be aware that for a permit to be valid it needs to be displayed in the vehicle.
Where can I find my permit number?
You can find your permit number on the bottom left corner of your permit; it begins with ‘R’, for example: RN\12345.
What can I do if my permit has not arrived?
If you have renewed your permit and you have not received it within 7 working days, please fill out our online form to contact us.