PayByPhone parking is available for all parking bays where you pay across Brighton & Hove.
You can use any mobile phone to PayByPhone, you don't need an internet connection.
If you don't have a mobile phone you can pay at a pay and display machine or at a PayPoint shop.
Register for PayByPhone
It's best to register for PayByPhone before you first use it. You can also register when you park.
Register using one of the methods below, if you don't have access to the internet you can call.
- register for PayByPhone online
- phone 01273 458 458
- download the app to your device - available for iPhone, Android and Blackberry
PayByPhone service charges
There is a 10p service charge for each transaction.
There are other optional charges for additional message alerts and receipt, both cost 10p for each message.
The option for these can be changed in the default settings.
How to pay
Once you've registered, you can pay in a number of ways. If you don't have a smart phone you can call the automatic payment line or text.
- Call the number displayed on signage
- Respond to the prompts
- Wait to hear that parking has started
- Text 65565 with LOCATION (see on street signage), DURATION (in hours) and the 3 digit security code from the back of the registered payment card.
- Wait for text confirmation that parking has started
You do not need a smart phone to pay by Touch Tone or text.
- Visit the mobile web page
- Log in, then enter your parking requirements
Help and guidance
See a step-by-step guide on the PayByPhone website.
Watch a Youtube video on how to pay for parking with PaybyPhone on the PaybyPhone Youtube channel.
PaybyPhone have introduced a new self-service support centre. Customers can access services such as refund requests. Refunds cannot be submitted for any unused time on a parking session. To use this service please visit support.paybyphone.co.uk.
Cash payment pay and display
Although the council is reducing the number of cash payment machines on street we aim to keep one cash payment machine in most streets. So if you don’t have a mobile phone or prefer not to use it for parking then you can still pay this way.
You can pay for parking by cash at any shop in the city with the PayPoint sign.
To pay at a PayPoint shop you will need
- the parking location shown on the sign where your car is parked
- your vehicle registration number
You don't need exact change, with PayPoint you can pay with notes and get change. There are over 150 shops with PayPoint in Brighton & Hove.
Use the PayPoint website to find your nearest PayPoint shop.
Why we introduced PayByPhone parking
We introduced this service because there are a number of advantages for our customers.
- paying without cash
- paying from a vehicle
- extending parking time remotely
Find out more about why we introduced PayByPhone and other frequently asked questions.