What paid parking bays are for
Paid parking bays provide wide access to all parts of the city for different motorists.
Who can park in a paid parking bay
Paid parking bays are for vehicles with a valid PaybyPhone session.
When you pay for a PaybyPhone session, make sure that:
- the parking session is valid for the correct date and time of the stay (tariffs will be calculated automatically)
- the vehicle is parked completely within the bay markings
- the bay is not suspended
- you have not overstayed the maximum stay as stated on the sign on the street
You can also park in a paid parking bay with a traders permit.
Motorcycles and paid parking bays
You cannot park in a paid parking bay with a motorcycle.
We provide free motorcycle parking throughout the city and you should leave your motorcycle in one of these bays.
Trikes and paid parking bays
You can park a trike in a paid parking bay.
How much it costs to park in a paid parking bay
The cost of parking in paid parking bays varies by location. This is due to the different demands on parking spaces.
What the restrictions are
The sign on the street will tell you this. If no times are shown the bay operates at all times, 24 hours a day and every day.
What to do if you receive a penalty charge notice
You should check:
- that you can park in the paid parking bay
- that you have displayed your traders permit
You should then decide whether to: