What loading bays are for
Loading bays are available throughout Brighton & Hove. They are in place so that businesses and people can load and unload heavy goods.
When can I use a loading bay?
You can use a loading bay for:
- the loading and unloading of goods
- when making a scheduled delivery or collection
You cannot park in a loading bay. When you have finished loading and unloading goods the vehicle must be moved to a different bay such as a paid parking bay, with a valid PaybyPhone session.
Why do we have loading bays?
Loading bays allow businesses to load and unload goods near to their premises. It also allows loading and unloading in general without disrupting traffic. Any activity must be continuous and a loading bay is not for parking during the restricted times.
How do I know what the restrictions are?
The sign on the street will tell you this. If no times are shown the bay operates at all times, 24 hours a day and every day.
I have received a penalty charge notice when parking in a loading bay, what do I do?
If you have received a penalty charge notice you should ensure that you have:
- only used the loading bay when you are loading and unloading
- been loading and unloading heavy or large items such as furniture, or are making regular deliveries
- moved your vehicle as soon as you have finished loading and unloading
You should then decide whether to: