Parent relationship courses
There are a range of courses and programmes available to help parents improve their relationship.
Parents as Partners
Parents as Partners is a free course for couples who want to improve their relationship for the good of their children. It gives parents going through difficulties the opportunity to work out how to move forward.
Over 16 weeks the group will learn new ways to communicate and how to resolve conflict through a mixture of video clips, creative activities and discussions.
The course has been proven to help parents:
- manage the challenges and stress of family life
- improve the quality and effectiveness of how they communicate
- strengthen family relationships and improve children's wellbeing and success
- reduce conflict and disagreements in their relationship
The Parenting Team offer 3 free sessions with a Triple P trained Parenting Practitioner if relationship difficulties are affecting a couple’s ability to parent together. These cover:
- ideas on working with your partner as a team and solving problems together
- practical suggestions to help you improve the way you communicate with your partner, especially about parenting issues
- identifying and planning ways to improve your relationship
Coping with Stress and Alcohol: (Free online course)
This course has been designed especially for couples whose relationship is affected by their alcohol use.
The course covers:
- Understanding and coping with stress
- Finding better and more successful ways of arguing
It takes 30 mins to complete and works best when parents do it together as a couple.
If you are a professional working with a couple whose relationship is affected by their alcohol use, you can support them access the course by using this Practitioner Guide
The Marriage Course
The course is for any couple looking to invest in their relationship, whether married or not. Couples watch a series of films over 7 weeks exploring a range of topics including:
- the art of communication
- resolving conflict
- the impact of family - past and present
The venue is set up in the style of a restaurant, couples sit at a table for two giving them space and privacy to use the discussion questions help parents identify solutions to the challenges in their relationship.
The cost is £95 per couple, which includes a 2-course dinner for two each evening plus the course journal and handouts. Bursaries are available. For more information send an email to email@example.com or visit The Marriage Course website.
** Please note: This course is run by an external organisation. Brighton & Hove City Council does not endorse or quality control external courses.