Family Foundations privacy notice
Read our privacy notice for information on how we collect, store and process your data.
The council is the data controller for purposes of the Data Protection Act (2018) and The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("GDPR") and is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
Brighton & Hove City council are committed to protecting your personal information. As a data controller we have a responsibility to make sure you know why and how your personal information is being collected in accordance with relevant data protection law.
Purposes and lawful basis of processing
We are collecting your data for the purpose of delivery of a group work intervention aimed at improving parental relationships.
We have a lawful basis to collect this data under Performance of a task carried out in the public interest in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 schedule 3, part 3, paragraph 8 and the Working Together Guidance 2018.
We shall be collecting Special Category data under the Data Protection Act 2018 schedule 1, part 2, paragraph 18.
Who we will share your data with
Your information will not be shared with any other third party unless we are under a legal obligation to do so; if there are any safeguarding concerns these will be shared with the appropriate professionals.
How long we will hold your data (retention)
We will hold your data for no longer than two months from the last session of the group unless there are safeguarding concerns, when they will be kept in accordance with the Retention Schedule for the FCL Directorate.
Transferring data outside the European Economic Area
Your information is not processed outside of the European Economic Area.
Your information rights
- Under GDPR you have certain rights concerning your information.
- For further information on your rights visit our website.
- If you would like to discuss this further please contact our Information Governance Team on 01273 29 59 59 or firstname.lastname@example.org · The council also has a Data Protection Officer, who can be contacted via https://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/dpo
- You can also contact the ICO for further information or to make a complaint:
- Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
- Phone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number
- Email: ICO Report a concern on the ICO website