If you or your child had any of your COVID-19 vaccinations outside of England, they will not automatically show on your medical records or in the NHS App.
You’ll need to make an appointment for the NHS to check evidence and update your medical records so you can show proof of your vaccination status as evidence for travel.
This service will be available at Brighton Racecourse on:
- Thursday 19 January
- Thursday 2 February
Appointments are limited so please book as soon as possible. You cannot walk-in.
Find out more about the overseas vaccine checking service or book an appointment online or call 119. Telephone interpreters are available.
Outside of this date the service is available from Northgate Square in Chichester.
What happens at the appointment?
The NHS team will review evidence of the COVID-19 vaccinations you have had and update your records on the national system. You will then be able to order or download proof of your NHS COVID-19 vaccination status as evidence for travel. It also means the NHS can contact you when it’s time for any future Covid vaccinations.
You will need to bring:
- your NHS number
- photographic ID, such as passport
- evidence of the Covid vaccination you want recorded, such as vaccination card, certificate or email confirmation
Who can use the vaccine checking service?
You can use this service if you or your child are aged 5 years old or over, have an NHS number, and have received one of these vaccinations outside of England:
- Beijing Institute of Biological Products (Sinopharm BIBP)
- Bharat Biotech (Covaxin)
- CanSino (Convidecia)
- Gamaleya (Sputnik V)
- Institute of India (Covishield)
- Johnson & Johnson (Janssen)
- Moderna (Spikevax)
- Nuvaxovid (Novavax)
- Oxford/AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria)
- Pfizer/BioNTech (Comirnaty)
- Serum Institute of India (Covovax)
- SinoVac (CoronaVac)
Check if you've had all your COVID-19 vaccinations
Flu and COVID-19 are still circulating at high levels. If you haven’t had all the vaccines you’re eligible for, please get them as soon as possible so that you have the best possible protection against serious illness.
Book your COVID-19 vaccination online or call 119.
Adults can visit one of the regular weekly walk-in sessions in January without making an appointment:
- Wednesday: 10.30am to 2.30pm, Tesco Superstore Hove
- Thursday: 10.30am to2.30pm, Outside Hove Polyclinic
- Friday: 10.30am to 2.30pm, St Peter's Church
Many people are eligible for a free flu jab, and they can be booked at many pharmacies in the city.