We are encouraging residents, businesses and communities to join us on our journey to becoming a carbon neutral city by 2030 by exploring our new online climate action hub.
Climate action hub
The hub brings together content and resources showing how the council is responding to the climate and biodiversity emergencies, how local communities can get involved, relevant local projects, and more.
Through the climate action hub, residents, businesses and organisations can learn more about climate change and what it means for Brighton & Hove and measure their own carbon footprint.
The climate action hub includes the following information:
- why taking climate action is important for Brighton & Hove
- council-led initiatives to address the climate and biodiversity emergencies
- how residents and communities can get involved in climate action
- climate-friendly case studies and stories
- climate information for businesses
Carbon Neutral 2030
In 2021, we launched our Carbon Neutral 2030 programme in response to the climate and biodiversity emergency.
The programme sets out the city’s direction for action on climate change and biodiversity loss, focusing on actions to reduce emissions and air pollution, improve health, create social justice and protect nature.