Business owners in Brighton & Hove can join a free online question and answer session covering the UKs new immigration system on Thursday, April 15, from 1-2pm.
Brighton Chamber CEO, Sarah Springford will be joined by Ian Robinson, partner at Fragomen, immigration attorneys, solicitors, and consultants worldwide, to cover topics including:
The EU Settlement Scheme:
- How can employees apply, what will they get and where are the risks?
- How can employers help their people make an application and stay on top of things once a status is grante
The new immigration system:
- Skilled worker visas and sponsorship: When can you employ people from overseas, becoming a sponsor and alternative visa categories
- Right to work checks and reducing the risk of illegal working
- Your HR policies for foreign workers: things to think about, things to do and ways to help them
- Immigration in Europe
- When can UK nationals visit Europe, when do they need a work permit?
- What is involved, how long will it take and how can you make the most of EU law
Questions can be submitted in advance or during the session.
The event is part of From Brighton with Love. a series of expert panel events, Your Questions Answered sessions, and Export Leaders peer network sessions designed to help businesses through the EU transition and give them the confidence to embark on international trade.
The initiative is led by Brighton Chamber and supported by Brighton & Hove City Council with event partner Brighton & Hove Economic Partnership. Its aim is to provide Brighton area businesses with expertise that will see them through the EU Transition and beyond.
Brighton & Hove City Council website also has a web page that’s updated regularly Brexit in Brighton & Hove with useful follow up support and resources.