There’s a new travel partner joining the city’s Move for Change challenge, helping to encourage more active and sustainable travel across Brighton & Hove.
Residents and commuters on Southern Railway journeys that start and end within the city, Worthing, Haywards Heath and Eastbourne can earn BetterPoints which can be exchanged for discounts and vouchers at local shops or donate to local charities.
You can join the challenge by downloading the BetterPoints app.
Since the challenge was launched at the start of February, more than 1400 users have:
- walked, cycled, run or used public transport almost 216,000 times
- travelled more than 423,000 miles
- burned more than 24,000,000 calories
- avoided using up more than 96,000kg of Co2
Chair of the Environment, Transport and Sustainability committee, Amy Heley said: “I’m delighted Southern Railway have joined the challenge to support active and sustainable travel in the city.
“We need to do everything we can to encourage people to think more about the journeys they make and choose an option that will improve air quality and reduce harmful emissions.
“One of the key recommendations from last year’s Climate Assembly was that we incentivise people to travel sustainably and the partnership between the council and Southern Railway will do just that.”
Chris Fowler, Customer Services Director for Southern Railway added: “We are delighted that train travel with Southern Railway is included in Brighton & Hove City Council’s BetterPoints reward scheme for using sustainable travel.
A large number of both our customers and colleagues live and travel around the Brighton & Hove area, and we look forward to being able to reward those who choose to travel with us, whether for shopping, visiting friends and family, or getting back to the office.”
How do I join the challenge?
- Download the app by scanning the QR code on the front of BikeShare bikes displaying the BetterPoints sticker or by visiting the ‘Move for Change’ webpage
- Tap ‘Join Now’ and compete the registration form
- You will receive a welcome message and an invite to join challenges near you, including ‘Move for Change’.
- Start earning BetterPoints and BetterTickets to exchange for discounts, vouchers or to donate to local charities.