A rewarding partnership between BikeShare and Betterpoints
It’s now even easier to sign up for our ‘Move for Change’ challenge with BTN BikeShare now joining the campaign to increase more active and sustainable travel in the city.
Dozens of BTN BikeShare bikes are having stickers attached to their front baskets with a smartphone QR code to our Brighton & Hove’s ‘Move for Change’ challenge.
The QR code allows people to download the BetterPoints App straight onto smartphones.
What is the ‘Move for Change’ challenge?
The campaign launched in February and rewards people for travelling actively and sustainably around the city.
Residents and commuters can collect BetterPoints (a virtual currency) and BetterTickets (for virtual prize draws) for walking, cycling, running and using public transport which can then be exchanged for discounts and vouchers at local shops or donate to local charities, including Pedal People, Brighton Dome & Festival and Brighton Festival Fringe.
Since the challenge was launched at the start of February:
- More than 1000 people have signed up
- Together they’ve walked, cycled, run or used public transport almost 95,000 times.
- They’ve travelled more than 167,000 miles
- They’ve burned more than eleven million calories
- They’ve avoided using up more than 40,000kg of Co2
You can find out more about the challenge on the ‘Move for Change’ webpage.
The scheme is very popular with residents, visitors and commuters, with bikes used more than a thousand times a day during peak times in the summer.
How do I join the challenge?
- Download the app by scanning the QR code on the front of BikeShare bikes displaying the BetterPoints sticker or by visiting the ‘Move for Change’ webpage
- Tap ‘Join Now’ and compete the registration form
- You will receive a welcome message and an invite to join challenges near you, including ‘Move for Change’.
- Start earning BetterPoints and BetterTickets to exchange for discounts, vouchers or to donate to local charities.
More like this
People in Brighton & Hove can now be rewarded for choosing active and sustainable travel.
Residents and commuters across Brighton & Hove and beyond are being given more opportunities to earn rewards for sustainable travel around the city.
Brighton & Hove’s BTN BikeShare scheme is celebrating its one millionth journey.