Have your say on Connaught Road school relocation proposal
A series of consultation events about proposals to relocate West Hove Infant School’s Connaught Road site to Hove Junior School’s Holland Road site starts tomorrow.
There are four online events and also two in-person events at the Connaught Road site.
The details are as follows:
- Wednesday 22 September at 10am - join this virtual meeting on 22 September
- Thursday 23 September at 6pm – join this virtual meeting on 23 September
- Tuesday 28 September at 1.30pm – join this virtual meeting on 28 September
- Thursday 30 September at 10am – in-person at Connaught Road
- Wednesday 6 October at 6pm – in person at Connaught Road
- Thursday 7 October at 1.30pm – join this virtual meeting 7 October
Both schools believe such a move would improve the learning experience for pupils and help maximise long-term financial viability.
The proposed move is in part a response to a forecast reduction in primary age pupil numbers across the city over the coming years.
The relocation proposal is supported by the Hove Learning Federation. This is the new governing body covering both schools.
The consultation is running from 20 September until 25 October. A report on the feedback from the consultation will be considered by the council’s Children, Young People and Skills committee on 8 November.