Deadline to get funding for an apprentice has been extended
The deadline for local businesses to apply to the apprenticeship levy transfer scheme has been extended. £120,000 is still available to help boost take-up of apprenticeships in the city.
It is available to support eligible employers to take on new apprentices and develop existing employees.
Who can bid for funding
Employers can put bids in for the money up until Wednesday 13 October. The council’s apprenticeships team allocates the funding, available from November, based on the bids received.
Eligible employers will be a non-levy payer based in Brighton & Hove. They must fall into one of the following categories:
• businesses and other organisations
• the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector
• schools in the city that do not pay into the council’s apprenticeship levy.
Criteria for funding bids
Employers who apply for apprenticeship funding will be expected to actively support the aims of Brighton & Hove’s City Employment & Skills Recovery Plan.
Alternatively, they will need to show how the levy funding will support:
• redundant apprentices or progression from kick-start placements; or
• the recovery of their business from Covid; or
• the city’s aim to be carbon neutral by 2030.