Brighton Chamber will be hosting another ‘Your Questions Answered’ session to support small businesses post Brexit.
'De-risking international trade', a free virtual session, will be held on Monday 15 March from 1 - 2 pm and is open to all business owners in Brighton & Hove.
The event is part of ‘From Brighton with Love,’ a package of support designed to help business owners through EU transition and give them the confidence to embark on international trade.
The session will be led by Chamber CEO, Sarah Springford, joined by Lesley Batchelor OBE, CEO of International Trade Experts Ltd.
International trade tends to work in silos and the session is designed to highlight some of the risks and look at ways of mitigating or at least understanding the financial exposure for businesses - a 'pocket checklist' of all the issues facing a business when trading internationally.
Topics will include:
- Demystifying some of the acronyms used internationally and explain why KYC (Know Your Customer) has become so important in terms of money laundering and getting paid
- Setting up appropriate contracts and internationalising your T&Cs as part of protecting your transaction will lead towards agreeing the right terms of finance and funding your trade going forward
- Examine some of the less well-known finance tools used in international trade
- Discuss the merits of FX bank accounts, single invoice financing and the new international escrows
- A look at the impact of changes in compliance and regulation on international trade