Free family learning courses available
Places are still available on a selection of free online courses aimed at parents and carers with lower qualifications in Brighton & Hove starting on Monday 5 October.
They are delivered to small groups of learners by experienced tutors from Brighton & Hove City Council’s family learning team. The courses cover:
- Building children's resilience and supporting a child with anxiety
- Relaxation tips and mindfulness for adults
- Mindful play – ideas for calming play for parents and children to enjoy together
- Family first aid
- Easy, fun ways to support your child’s language development
- Helping your child to become a reader
- Maths – a selection of age specific courses to help you support your child’s learning, including helping your child with times tables.
The chair of the council’s children, young people and skills committee, Councillor Hannah Clare, said: “We understand that families may need extra support at the moment to help them cope with the disruption that has been caused by the pandemic.
“Our tutors are experienced in supporting families who are struggling with their mental or physical health and delivering courses that help to develop confidence and wellbeing.”
For further information or to book your place, please visit https://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/families-children-and-learning/family-learning-online-classroom