More than 80 small businesses have applied for a discretionary grant since applications opened on Wednesday evening.
There is still time to apply for a grant as applications are open until Friday 12 June.
The fund is available to small businesses in the city affected by the Covid-19 pandemic who have not been able to access other support. The grants do not have to be paid back and a range of small businesses in the city can apply.
An online form is available and a discretionary grant guide with information about who can apply and how to meet the criteria. Please download and read the applicants’ guide before making your application.
About the discretionary grants fund
There is a total fund of £3.7 million and three levels of grants:
- Any amounts under £10,000
The following types of small businesses could apply:
- Arts, culture and creative industries
- Businesses in shared workspaces and those who manage shared workspaces
- Charities, community interest companies and third sector organisations who undertake commercial work
- Businesses with high fixed costs that do not pay business rates
- Locally-based businesses in leisure, including B & B guest houses
- Long established companies in the city that have invested in their business
- Market traders with fixed locations and costs in Brighton & Hove
- Businesses employing 20 to 50 employees or with high turnover
Applications will be assessed by an independent advisory panel which includes representatives from business organisations.